Today is Veterans’ Day. Without our service men and women, we wouldn’t be enjoying the freedoms that we now enjoy in this country. To those who have served, I thank you.
With that being said, I want to list some books that I want to read based around the military.
- 12 Strong by Doug Stanton
- Lincoln and His Generals by T. Harry Williams
- Shoot Like a Girl by Mary Jennings Hegar
- The Killer Angels by Michael Shaara
- Black Hawk Down by Mark Bowden
- Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand
- All Quiet on the Western Front by Erich Maria Remarque
- Sea Stories by William H. McRaven
- Faith of My Fathers by John McCain
Some military books that I’ve enjoyed include
- Beyond the Point by Claire Gibson
- Band of Brothers By Stephen Ambrose
- Jack Reacher series (not necessarily focused on the military, but Reacher is a retired military police detective and he uses his skills as a new civilian to solve mysteries)
I need to read more books but sometimes it’s hard to find the good ones.
What military books have you read and enjoyed?