This book tag was found on Reading, Reading, Reading.
1. If you could invite one author and one of their fictional characters to tea, who would you invite and what would you serve them?
This is hard, because I’d choose so many different authors and characters! I’ll choose the first one that came to mind, which is Gayle Foreman and Mia from If I Stay. I love how she is close to her family and her boyfriend and that she’s musically inclined. I’d serve some kind of pasta or Italian meal and discuss music and how to stay connected to the ones you love, even after loss.
2. What book do you wish the author would write a prequel for?
The Harry Potter series. I want to see James and Lily get married and how they fought the rise of Voldemort. Not so much as when they were at school but just what made Lily change her mind on James. I could even go for when Dumbledore was a teacher and dealing with the then Tom Riddle. That’d be interesting.
3. Name two characters (NOT from the same book), that you think would make a good couple?
Uhh…I don’t know. Four from Divergent and Mia from If I Stay would be interesting, since they’re both quiet and intense.
4. If you ran into your favorite author in the subway and could only say one sentence to them, who is it and what would it be?
I don’t have a favorite author, but I always wanted to meet J.K. Rowling. I’d tell her “If you could do it all over again, would you have written the Harry Potter books differently or at all?”
5. What book made you into a reader and why?
I don’t remember that, as I’ve been reading since I can remember. I did love Roald Dahl and Laura Ingalls Wilder’s books growing up. And the Folk of the Faraway Tree trilogy. Great books.
6. Incendio! Your bookshelf just caught fire. Which book would you save?
Another hard question! Probably Me Before You or Water for Elephants. They’re my two favorite books of all time.
7. Which dystopian world would you want to live in if you had to choose one? Why?
Probably the Divergent trilogy because I just find ideas fascinating and the characters realistic. Tris and Four together make my heart swoon. It’s too bad the movies were so terrible, it didn’t do them justice.
8. What is your one epic read of all time?
Probably Lord of the Rings. That was epic. I’ve only read it all the way through once, but I want to read it again. I can get lost in those characters.