Title: Date & Time
Author: Phil Kaye
Publisher: Button Poetry (August 2018)
A collection of poems that focuses on a myriad of themes including growing up, love, and other experiences throughout a person’s experiences.
Why I Like It:
- I don’t typically read poetry.
- That being said, I love this book of poetry.
- I listened to him speak some of his poetry online and fell in love with how he presented his work.
- I think they call it spoken word poetry.
- After listening to every poem I could find of him, I wanted to buy his book and read all the others.
- I finally did and didn’t regret it.
- The poems are free verse. which is generally good for me, as I can’t usually focus on other kinds of poems.
- He talks about life like a conversation, and I can relate to that.
- He approaches life in a gentle manner, which is like a gentle rain in the face of anger in recent times.
- Not that that anger is a bad thing, but sometimes gentleness is needed.
- I don’t know what else to say about a book of poetry, but you should definitely check his work out sometime.