It seems like most books these days are being turned into movies. As soon as it gets published, you see a trailer for its upcoming movie. There are, however, little gems of books that have been overlooked that would make a wonderful film adaptations. The following are books that I’d love to see be adapted to the big screen.
- A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray
- the Serafina series by Robert Beatty
- Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens
- You Were There Too by Colleen Oakley
- Beyond the Point by Claire Gibson
- My Sister’s Keeper by Robert Dugoni
- Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan (be a t.v. series like Game of Thrones)
- The End of Your Life Book Club by Will Schwalbe
- The Serpent King by Jeff Zentner
- The Christmas Box by Richard Paul Evans
I’m sure a couple of these will become movies eventually, particularly Where the Crawdads Sing, but others need to be pitched to Hollywood so that I can see how it’s interpreted visually.